Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The new bicycle in my life

Gorgeous bicycle I found via gumtree, as 70s urban cruiser. It has 3 gears; perfect for the Sea Point hills, a little puncture kit (with the bikes original warranty!), a light that works trough pedal power, a tring-tring bell, its original pump and the shock absorbers under the seat. Sigh...it's heavenly. Oh and it also has a gear guard so I can cycle in a skirt, ever since I saw 'Stealing Beauty' where Liv cycles (poorly) through the hills of Tuscany I've wanted to wear a skirt on a bicycle which is difficult to do on the average South African mountain bike.
Image via Listal
And this site the Work Cycle has me all inspired however cycling the 21km from Sea Point to Parow on my cruiser is a rather daunting idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment